Monday, April 6, 2020

DEATHBED, a stage play

photo by William Neumann

Instead of cleaning closets I decided to see what I could upload to provide a humorous distraction.  After some tweaks, I’m sharing my full-length play DEATHBED, the story of an Italian family whose Super Bowl plans were interrupted by a call from the hospital.   
In 1998 as I was writing my book MOTHER (a novel about grief) I often found myself crying. I started writing DEATHBED on alternate days to cheer myself up.  Through it, I surrounded myself with an Italian family not unlike my own, that adapted its unique dramas to play out under the constant threat of death. 
Please write to me at Linda@larentschler.com and let me know what you think.  I’ve written a series with these characters, and would love to see the project continue.
By all means do inquire about these wonderful actors and gifted director.  I will forever be grateful for their contributions.  Details are in the credits.  
WGA# 1822091  DEATHBED PLAY
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment